CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Empire Kerry Blue Terrier Club (EKBTC), I will:
1. Comply with rules of the American Kennel Club and support and accept the Constitution and By-Laws of the EKBTC.
2. Be a responsible dog owner and maintain high standards in the care and humane training of my dogs.
3. Conduct myself in an exemplary manner at all times being aware my behavior is a direct reflection on my Club.
4. Keep the welfare and health of the dogs the first criteria in breeding or selling Kerry Blue Terriers.
5. Breed only to improve my dogs to the standard of the breed.
6. Sell any dog with apparent medical or genetic defects with a limited registration and/or spay/neuter contract.
7. Refuse stud service to any bitch not registered with AKC or foreign national registry or that is genetically unsound in conformation, health or temperament. Nor will I use such a dog at stud.
8. Not sell dogs to wholesalers, retailers, nor donate dogs to auctions or raffles, nor sell or donate dogs to research, with the exception of breed specific sanctioned research.
9. Help purchasers with advice and instructions for the life of the dog and help novice owners interested in conformation showing, obedience, agility and other
10. Help educate the general public regarding dogs in general and Kerry Blue Terriers in particular.
11. Always keep in mind the safety of other dogs. I will not jeopardize other dogs or exhibitors by showing an uncontrollable, aggressive or sick dog.
: Events :
By-Laws : Code of Ethics :
: Rescue : Links
: Home :
© 2003 Empire Kerry Blue Terrier Club.